Saturday, August 27, 2011

Shit happens

If things didn't break, car's wouldn't be fun! Just wish they didn't break sooo often HAHA. This was completely my fault. I ran 20psi on a stock head, it detonated and went kaboom. Knew it, the second it happened. Still drove it for a while afterwards though.

This may have sparked some of the baaaaad AFR's.


That will be replaced by a proper METAL CAP before running truck again.

Today was tear down day. I know this engine inside out now as I've taken it apart a few times. Took me 1.5 hours to get everything from assembled to head off, ready to clean and reassemble.

SOOOO happy the turbo was unharmed. Still like the day I bought it. Even with the compressor surge I was getting. Mwahahaha.








ANNND the heads off.




Incredibly happy I am able to pull the head while engine is in the bay.

Not happy that I have to use my spare because I cracked this one :(






The hockey pucks are holding up great though! Yes, the one looks off center because I could only drill 2 at a time.



Here's the best part. My STEEL Fel-Pro head gasket blown out :) Did a much better job this time then I did the last time this happened.






That's all for now... reassembly happens wednesday or thursday ;) Turning down the boost :( Stayin at 15psi for now I guess.. UNTIL I do some head work on a fresh head.

No comments:

Post a Comment