Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Goddamnit.

I was driving on the 400 today in the middle lane, when a transport truck in front of me blew a tire, and sent the retread hurdling at my car. I swerved enough to miss most of it, but when I got home I saw that it had still clipped me.





The scratches are down to the primer, so I can't even buff them out. Headlight is loose and the fender looks a bit dented.

All in all, I have no choice but to deal with it. It frustrates me to no end that someone's carelessness has damaged my car, and I am the one left to pay for it.

The trucking industry has suffered greatly over the past decade, and many veteran truck drivers have been forced out of the industry by new young, and often foreign drivers willing to work for almost nothing. I feel for the drivers who are true professionals, as they now have to work even harder to make a living. A true professional driver would have noticed that their tire was close to a blowout, and taken the necessary actions to prevent it.

Hopefully karma finds that driver and gives him a fierce bout of diarrhea and a nasty case of herpes.

I also realize that I stereotyped foreign transport truck drivers as being careless. To the few foreign drivers who are not a part of this stereotype, I apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment