Wednesday, May 4, 2011

13b - The "b" is for badass

I bought a new car to use as my track car this season. I rescued it from a sad life of shitty Walmart stereos and screens, PS2s and awful tramp stamp stickers, and chome exhaust tips straight out of Toretto's hot-rod heaven. I've literally gone to town stripping it down to nothing. The only real remnant of its former life sits atop my [ghetto cut] shifter: a lone chrome skull that I can't seem to find the heart to get rid of.

Here's how it looked:




HUGE thanks goes to Rob for coming with me. We missioned to Ottawa and back on Good Friday for this car. Not to mention parking lot alternator ghetto rigs, highway stop-and-go traffic, and Harper Buses hogging the fast lane.


The family grows:


Pulling crap out. (look close for sick chrome skull shift knob. better than JDM yo!)




After discovering the clutch is pretty much shot, I decided to skip the step of trying to coax power out of the N/A 13b and opted to buy this parts car for the drivetrain:


Hello Turbo2 swap. This includes chipped ECU, koyo aluminum rad, LSD rear diff, Turbo2 aluminum hood, etc.


After putting the coilovers on the car, I realized the front fenders were literally resting on the tires. I have no idea how we drove Ol' Red with these coilovers set to this level. Anyways, I was in a hurry to go out with Goerz, Rob, Wayne and friends tonight, and didn't have to put the lower collars back on the coilovers. So I raised them up and then we developed this zip-tie method for holding the collars up. I don't expect it to be any sort of long term solution, but it did its job for the night.



Now if only I could find a way for zipties to get the headlights working...

No comments:

Post a Comment