Saturday, May 28, 2011

Out with the old, in with the new

Lots of excitement lately.

Waynold has stepped into the Ranger world and I helped him out.

Sold him my Belltech lowering beams as well as a few parts from the Stranger that got messed up on his truck. Leaving me finding more but, we'll get to that.

For now he's got a 3"/2" drop. Lotsa rake but, might/should be fixed soon.

*Currently can't find my pic of it.*

From there, my radius arm broke on my Red truck. THUS I had to improvise and use the semi crappy ones from Waynes truck as I gave him my good ones from the Stranger. Big cluster...

Got the Red truck all fixed up, put on road with a for sale sign and SOLD that day.




Bye bye, you gas guzzling half decent truck.
Now, some FOB - Fresh Over Border drives it. He got hosed on things he needed for safety on it (shop put things on he didnt need) but, he's using it to collect scrap metal and loving it.

I moved onto this...

'97 2.3L 5 speed reg cab flareside. Bought it non running (broken timing belt) with a pile of new parts. Currently the new DD.




SO far it's needed the timing belt fixed up. Guy had a new one, was trying to make it go but, wasn't using the right timing marks AND didn't have the crank position sensor gear installed. Would have never fired.
Also needed evap purge valve replaced and the muffler so far.
Instead of using the $450 for emissions then getting conditional, he bought new plugs, wires, rotors, calipers, pads, rear shoes... etc.
Soon I should have er etested and saftied up. Be a good DD.

Got some progress on the Stranger as well :) BUT!! That will be another post.

1 comment:

  1. 3/2 berto? man, its more like a 3/4 now...its almost level, (and stilll wayyyyy to tall)

    ReplyDelete