Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Feel the excitement growing

AHHH! Sooo to start things off. Got the engine off the stand. So glad I decided to take things apart to look it over and do some upgrading. Turned into a bottom end rebuild. So much for my top end upgrades. Oh well. Next season.



Totally realised I needed a way of tighting the bolt / nut combo for the hockey puck setup. There isn't a way to do it thru the subframe. Normal mounts have a stud and nut which are tightened prior to the brackets being bolted to the frame. I took my setup to the neighbour. With his SHITTY 70amp arc welder he managed to glob on a PILE of CRAP. Oh well, it's not visible and it will hold.



Bolted to the frame. Now I can drop engine on like stock mounts.


Shot of the clutch box. Wasn't my first choice in clutch but, I will try it.


Just a Stage II. It's pretty overpriced. Seeing as it says EXEDY on it....



POS didn't even come as a "KIT". Had to order the pressure plate, clutch disc and release bearing all seperate. THEN DIDN'T COME WITH ALIGNMENT TOOL. THE TOOOOOOLS.


Installed the Thunderbird Turbocoupe flywheel, then eyeballed the clutch disc and put it all together.



Seems to be lined up.


Yep. It was lined up. Tranny slid right in. For those wondering. I've upgraded to a Hydraulic T5 from a 87 Ford Thunderbird Turbocoupe. The shifter on that would have been between my seats soooo... it so happens the Borg Warner T5 was used in MANY vehicles. I got a S10 tail stock and shifter plate. Bolts right up. Moves the shifter to the front of the stock. Litterally 1" lower then where my stock shifter goes. WIN. Except one problem. The speedo issue. Hope to have it sorted out soon.



Going up!!




Going in!!!




THEN refer to last post for final product of tonight. LOOOOVE the hockey pucks. Should stiffen things right up :) Wish I did it last year. Would still have a good windshield :(

No comments:

Post a Comment